- Convention Coordinator
We are currently seeking an experienced Event Coordinator to manage our Biennial Convention from start to finish. The Convention will be held in Charlottetown, PEI from Oct 3-5, 2020. You will oversee all aspects of event planning and management; within the scope and budget for the event, you will organize all the details, including planning the agenda, speakers, workshops, entertainment, food service, decorations, transportation, and staffing for the days of the event. We expect you to supervise each phase of the plan during the event to ensure it runs smoothly and to close out all vendor invoices once the event is over. Our ideal candidate has at least two years of event planning experience, a long history of coordinating successful events and is bilingual English and French.
Position Type: Temporary Full Time
Application Period: February 28th until filled
Start Date: Immediate
End Date: October 31, 2020
- Convention planning, design and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
- Develop agenda in planning with the Convention Committee and the Leader’s Office, including speakers and workshops
- Liaise with and provide feedback and periodic reports to Convention Committee and the Leader’s Office
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
- Propose ideas to improve services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, attendee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Work with Communications Department to promote and publicize event
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes
Qualifications and required skills:
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Portfolio of previously managed events
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to manage multiple projects independently and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible schedule
- Bilingual - English and French
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Interpersonal skills
- Passion for and knowledge of green issues and politics
- Past experience working or volunteering for a political party at the municipal, provincial or federal level
The Green Party of Canada is an equal-opportunity employer, within a stimulating professional work environment that advocates for healthy work/life balance.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until the successful candidate is found.
Thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information regarding the Green Party of Canada, please visit our website: www.greenparty.ca.