Federal Council - Ontarioadrian.email@example.com
I am presently the Ontario Representative to Federal Council.
I joined the Green Party of Canada in 2009 to volunteer in a Toronto by-election. Since that time, my purpose has been to grow the Party and help make it strong, diverse and relevant: a party not run for the benefit of corporations, but to benefit ALL Canadians. A truly 21st Century Party.
I am a committed Green Volunteer. I have worked on almost every GPO & GPC campaign in Toronto St. Paul’s since 2009. I have also worked on campaigns in other Toronto EDA’s including University Rosedale, Toronto-Danforth, and most recently on the Toronto Centre and St. Paul’s 2021 campaigns, as well as my own in Davenport in 2021.
I am a lifelong environmentalist. My activism began in high school at Jarvis Collegiate and has continued through my work as a cycling and urban planning advocate with Cycle Toronto.
Since joining Federal Council in 2020;
- member of the EDA Revitalization Team which sent out a survey to EDA’s across the country.
- did an EDA Health Check Survey for Ontario EDA’s
- presently the Chair of the Lessons Learned Assessment Committee
- presently the Chair of the Code of Conduct Commissioners
- Member of the Strategic Planning Committee
- member of the Leadership Contest Committee
- member of the Human Resources Committee
- Candidate for Davenport in the 2021 Federal Election
I am running for a second term on Federal Council because there is still a lot of work to be done. I would like to continue the work that this FC has started with renewing the Party.
But most importantly, I would like to continue the work of revitalizing Ontario EDA's to make them stronger and nimbler. In a sense, to get them ready for the next election in three years.
I have a plan to do it. It’s called Regional Collaboration, and I have the data from the above-mentioned surveys to guide me.
I believe this is one of the most important contributions I can make to the GPC at this time.