Federal Council - Ontarioontario.firstname.lastname@example.org
Well, aren’t these exciting times?!!
I know there is a lot of turmoil in our Party at the moment, but if we play our cards right and if things go well (that’s a BIG IF, knowing our Party and knowing that almost anything can happen), we could have a new ED and a new leader (or co-leaders) by the end of the year.
Well, I’d like to be your Ontario Representative to Federal Council if you would have me.
Here’s why …
I am a committed Green Volunteer. I have worked on almost every GPO & GPC campaign in Toronto St. Paul’s since 2009. I have also worked on campaigns in other Toronto EDA’s including University Rosedale, Toronto-Danforth, and most recently on the Toronto Centre and St. Paul’s 2021 campaigns, as well as my own in Davenport in 2021.
I am a lifelong environmentalist. My activism began in high school at Jarvis Collegiate and has continued through my work as a cycling and urban planning advocate with Cycle Toronto.
As a member of Federal Council from 2020-2022;
- member of the EDA Revitalization Team which sent out a survey to EDAs across the country.
- did an EDA Health Check Survey for Ontario EDAs
- Chair of the Lessons Learned Assessment Committee
- Chair of the Code of Conduct Commissioners
- Member of the Strategic Planning Committee
- Member of the Leadership Contest Committee
- Member of the Human Resources Committee
- Candidate for Davenport in the 2021 Federal Election
I am running for a second term on Federal Council in this by-election because there is still a lot of work to be done. I would like to continue the work that this FC has started with renewing our Party.
But most importantly, I would like to continue the work of revitalizing Ontario EDAs to make them stronger and nimbler. In a sense, to get them ready for the next election in two years.
I believe this is one of the most important contributions I can make to the GPC at this time.