Federal Council - Vice President - Englishvp.email@example.com
My mother is a francophone from Quebec and my father is an anglophone and a long-time Green from Saskatchewan. At a very young age, I was determined to become fluent in both English and French. Eventually I completed a Bachelor of Philosophy at the University of Waterloo and a Master of Public Administration at Carleton University in Ottawa.
I was also just as determined to serve the vision of the Green Party of Canada (GPC). This is why I first ran for the GPC twenty-two years ago, why I became CEO of the Kitchener-Waterloo Electoral District Association in 2007, and why I ran again for the GPC in 2019.
Disappointed by the 2019 federal election results, I became Quebec Representative on Federal Council in Spring 2020 because I knew that as a Party, we were capable of so much more. I then helped influence internal reform such as increased transparency requirements and increased opportunities for members to volunteer on national committees. In the past few months, the current Federal Council has made additional progress, but we still have much work to do to become an effective and influential political force in Canada.
If elected as Vice-President English, I will have four priorities:
- Renew the GPC’s Constitution and Bylaws to modernize our governance;
- Implement a continuous policy development process to make our Party more relevant than ever;
- Make our Party truly inclusive to attract all those who share our values;
- Open up new opportunities for members to participate in Party decisions and actions.
If you believe like me that the only way to alter Canadian policy in fundamental ways is to become a movement, I ask for your support so that together we can make it happen!
- Quebec Representative on Federal Council (2020-2021)
- EDA CEO: Charlesbourg—Haute-Saint-Charles (2019-2022), Kitchener-Waterloo (2007-2008)
- GPC candidate in Quebec (2019, 2000)
- President of the University of Waterloo Campus Greens (2005)
- Member of the Green Party of Quebec Board of Directors (2001-2003)
Education and work experience
- Risk management advisor
- Master of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Philosophy