(OTTAWA) - Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party of Canada and MP (Saanich-Gulf Islands), attends events in Victoria, BC, and in her home riding of Saanich-Gulf Islands tomorrow.
Ms. May participates in a press conference on Tuesday morning at Victoria’s Clover Point Park to discuss the Green Party’s comprehensive plan to defend Canada’s coastal communities from risky pipeline and tanker schemes. Joining Ms. May are Green Party candidates:
· Lynne Quarmby, Green Party Science Policy Critic (Burnaby-North Seymour)
· Jo-Ann Roberts (Victoria)
· Claire Martin, Green Party Climate Change Critic (North Vancouver)
· Ken Melamed, Green Party Finance Critic (West Vancouver–Sunshine Coast–Sea to Sky Country)
· Brenda Sayers, Green Party Public Safety Critic (North Island–Powell River)
· Glenn Sollitt, Green Party Fisheries and Oceans Critic (Courtenay–Alberni)
· Paul Manly (Nanaimo–Ladysmith)
· Fran Hunt-Jinnouchi (Cowichan–Malahat– Langford)
· Frances Litman, Green Party Transportation Critic (Esquimalt–Saanich–Sooke)
· Lisa Barrett (Vancouver Centre).
Time: 10:00 am (PDT)
Location: Clover Point Park, adjacent to Clover Point parking lot, Victoria, BC
Ms. May attends private meetings on Tuesday afternoon.
On Tuesday evening, Ms. May canvasses in the Gordon Head community of Saanich, BC, between 4:30 and 6:30 pm (PDT).
For additional information or to arrange an interview, contact:
Director of Communications
Green Party of Canada
cell: (613) 614 4916
office: (613) 562 4916 (224)
Executive Assistant to Director of Communications
t: 613.562.4916 (200)
Toll free 1.866.868.3447