(OTTAWA) July 19, 2016 - The Green Party of Canada is inviting media to register for accreditation for Convention 2016, to be held at the Delta Hotels Ottawa City Centre (101 Lyon Street North, Ottawa, ON) from Aug. 5-7.
This year’s keynote speaker is James Shaw, Co-Leader of the Green Party of New Zealand and Member of Parliament. Mr. Shaw will discuss New Zealand’s shift away from the First Past the Post electoral system to a system of proportional representation, and Canada’s commitment to make the 2015 election the last under our winner-take-all voting system.
Additional speakers include:
- Frank Graves, founder and president of EKOS Research Associates Inc.;
- David Coon, Green Party of New Brunswick Leader and MLA;
- Peter Bevan-Baker, Green Party of Prince Edward Island Leader and MLA;
- Elizabeth May, Leader of the Green Party of Canada (MP, Saanich-Gulf Islands);
- Évelyne Huytebroeck, member of the Global Greens European Green Party Committee, and former elected representative with the Belgian Green Party;
- Sonia Theroux, campaign manager for Campaign to Elect Jo-Ann Roberts, and former campaign manager for Victoria Mayor Lisa Helps.
Policy resolutions will also be discussed and voted on at Convention. Speaker bios and a detailed agenda can be found at greenparty.ca/en/convention-2016.
Please request accreditation by responding to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, July 29 at 5:00 P.M. (EDT). Please include the full names of attending journalists and the media outlet in the response email.
- 30 -
For additional information, please contact: