OTTAWA -- The Leader of the Green Party of Canada, Elizabeth May (MP, Saanich-Gulf Islands) will join Green Party, NDP, Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs, West Coast Environmental Law and Stand.earth to respond to Trans Mountain pipeline recommendation.
“The Green Party of Canada stands firmly against the Trans Mountain pipeline,” said Ms May, who will address the media. Speakers include:
- Grand Chief Stewart Phillip, President, Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs (UBCIC)
- Chief Bob Chamberlin, Vice President, UBCIC
- Chief Kukpi7 Judy Wilson, Secretary-Treasurer, UBCIC
- Tzeporah Berman, International Program Director, Stand.earth
- Eugene Kung, Lawyer, West Coast Environmental Law (WCEL)
- Elizabeth May, Leader, Green Party of Canada
- Peter Julian, NDP MP (New Westminster-Burnaby)
A traditional opening prayer will be led by Will George, a Member of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation and Spokesperson for Protect the Inlet.
When: Friday, February 22, 10am PT/ 1pm ET
Where: UBCIC boardroom, 312 Main St., Suite 401, Vancouver
CALL-IN-DETAILS: Reporters who cannot attend in person are invited to join by phone and will have the opportunity to ask a question during eh Q & A. Call 877-876-9176 (toll free in the U.S. and Canada) or 785-424-1681 (outside the U.S. or Canada). Conference ID: ENERGY
WATCH ONLINE: The press conference will be live streamed at facebook.com/standearth
# # #
For more information or to arrange an interview contact: