The election is over and the results are in!
Please welcome your newest Federal Council:
Leader: Elizabeth May
Deputy Leaders: Daniel Green, Jo-Ann Roberts
President: Ken Melamed
Vice President Francophone: Joey Leckman
Vice President English: David Hunter
Fund Representative: Kate Storey
Young Green Representative: Stuart Hunter
Young Green Representative: Avery Velez
Alberta: Thana Boonlert
British Columbia: Wes Regan
Manitoba: Beverley Eert
New Brunswick: Stephanie Coburn
Newfoundland and Labrador: David Peters
Nova Scotia: Camille Davidson
Ontario: Bruce Hyer
Prince Edward Island: Darcie Lanthier
Quebec: William Gagnon
Saskatchewan: Dave Abbey
Territories: Nancy Zimmerman
View the complete results of the election >>
Federal Council governs the Green Party of Canada on behalf of members like you. It is essentially the board of the directors for the party, determining planning, vision and budget. Half of the positions are elected in odd numbered years, while the other half are elected in even years.
- The deadline for nominations was April 30, 2018.
- The deadline to sign up new members in order for them to be able to vote is June 20, 2018.
- The deadline to renew if you are a lapsed member to be able to vote is June 20, 2018.
- Voting will begin on June 20, 2018 and will be electronic; a paper ballot is available.
- Voting will end on July 20, 2018
- The results of the election will be announced on this site by August 5, 2018.